Provides support in facility maintenance activities to include maintenance, repair, and upgrade of physical structures, utility systems, buildings, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direction, participates in maintenance activities to ensure proper, efficient, cost-effective, working order of building and utility systems, including but not limited to HVAC units, generators, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems. Ensures cleanliness and acceptable aesthetic appearance of buildings and grounds.
Completes assigned work quickly and efficiently, per supervisor’s instructions, ensuring safety at all times and minimizing interruption to company productivity. Maintains a safe and clean work environment, supports other members and customers, follows supervisory instructions, and complies with established procedures, rules, and regulations.
Ensures safety of personnel and guests by identifying hazards within facilities and grounds and promptly repairing, correcting, securing, or reporting any potentially hazardous issues. Follows safety requirements and completes safety forms and checklists; inspects and utilizes safety equipment.
Participates in staff meetings.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic working knowledge of building operation, maintenance, mechanical, and utility systems.
• Ability to utilize hand tools, power tools, and equipment safely and efficiently.
• Interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both, verbally and in writing.
• Forklift experience preferred.
• Basic computer proficiency preferred
High level of flexibility may be required; must be willing to be on-call or report to work after regular work hours on occasion.
Skills / Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Certification in a related field such as Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry preferred
• Two (2) years’ relevant facilities maintenance experience required
Job Status: Full Time