Import and Export Operation Specialist
Receives, organizes, audits, prioritizes, processes and verifies information pertaining to goods manifested for shipping to and/or from client factories/sites in Mexico.
Interacts with clients, suppliers, affiliate companies, Mexican and U.S. Customs Brokers, and management. Reports any service or compliance issues to Team Lead or management.
Conducts a "service review" with clients for all manifestation of goods. Follows-through on each transaction to ensure accuracy and timely delivery.
Prepares Customs commercial invoices using the designated software. Ensures that commercial invoices match Mexican broker inspection of goods manifested on client’s packing lists.
Ensures delivery of Customs commercial invoices to customs brokers and delivery/submission of shipping requests.
Coordinates the calculation of Mexico duties and ensures proper authorization procedures are followed prior to submitting the shipping request and incurring Customs’ costs on behalf of clients.
Solicits and receives client’s feedback and records observations/problems in the Quality Portal (QP); resolves issues and responds to client questions and requests for information.
Works with Team Leads in defining the qualitative and measurable objectives of the team, individuals and clients. May participate in administering corrective action and performance reviews.
Participates in the Continuous Improvement System (QMS) processes on a daily basis, performing work and making decisions based on DPP (Dirección Por Principios/Driven by Principles).
Collects, organizes, and maintains records and documentation.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year technical experience in the import/export field required; experience in lead or supervisory capacity preferred
- Experience in a "maquiladora" environment, materials and/or traffic department preferred; OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Bilingual,English and Spanish required
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of import/export operations
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with various levels of personnel, possessing conflict management, stress management, and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience working with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Critical-thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced multi-tasking work environment
- Ability to meet changing conditions, new situations, method, and procedures