Full time -Warehouse/Distribution Center Team Member
JOB SUMMARY: - To safely handle goods and any information/instructions pertaining to those goods in accordance with established Distribution Center procedures and work instructions.
- Receive goods using associated paperwork such as house waybills, bills of lading, airbills, packing lists, etc.-
- Unload goods using fork lift, pallet jack, or similar material handling equipment from carriers. Manually unload goods when deemed appropriate and safe.
- Notate observations, damages, and/or improper conditions of goods on pertinent documents (i.e. bills of lading)-Deliver paperwork to appropriate in-house personnel. Copy and file documents as required. -Collaborate with Distribution Center Coordinator to assure Distribution Center billing.-Identify, secure, label, move, store, put-a-way, and/or pick goods within the warehouse.
- Register or record movement of goods and/or work completion as required by procedures.
- Report unusual, unacceptable, improper, or illegal activities if such occur.
- Adhere to work schedule and provide ample prior notification/justification in case of absence.
- Refer to and understand pertinent ISO 9001:2000 procedures.
- Suggest improvements to processes and procedures whenever possible.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a minimum of one year experience working in a warehouse and/or materials handling environment.
- Must have or be able to immediately obtain an approved certification for driving fork-lift trucks.
- Must communicate professionally, clearly and concisely with Clients, support service providers, and co-workers.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Takes initiative to complete tasks beyond those assigned by Supervisors as needed to better serve Clients, in learning new subjects, in helping co-workers with excess workloads.
- Familiar with ISO 9001:2000.
Job Status: Full Time