Full Time: Cross Dock Team Member
Performs manual work, receiving, loading, and unloading customers’ goods and materials in the cross dock. Verifies and maintains the integrity of goods and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages in daily activities of receiving, , labeling, storing, and moving customers’ goods and materials within the cross dock.
- Inspects goods and materials from customer shipments against bill of lading to ensure they arrived complete and free of damage or evidence of tampering. Takes pictures when required.
- Loads and unloads goods using forklift, pallet jack, or similar material handling equipment. Performs inspections of trailers prior to loading; reports any unsafe conditions to Team Lead.
- Reviews and processes shipping or receiving orders and requests; maintains appropriate paperwork, such as bills of lading, air waybills, packing lists, etc.
- Follows safety requirements and completes safety forms and checklists; inspects and utilizes safety equipment, including dock safety equipment, trailer jack, chocks, glad hand locks.
- Operates computer and office equipment to maintain a variety of records, files, and reports. . Performs inventory control, using inventory software.
- Suggests and documents process improvement ideas; refers to established procedures pertinent to ISO 2015.
- Supports other members, customers, and follows supervisory instructions and established processes and procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment; audits 5s guidelines and complies with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assists in providing necessary security within the cross dock; reports unusual, unacceptable, improper, or illegal activities if such occur.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year general warehouse or cross dock experience required
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SIKLLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Must have or be able to immediately obtain an approved certification for driving forklift trucks.
- Basic knowledge in G-Suite software
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Commitment to helping others fulfilling their roles while maintaining a positive environment.
Job Status: Full Time