DC Customer Service Coordinator
Processes client’s shipments and provides day to day customer service. Acts as the liaison between the customers and the warehouse, and ensures all customers’ inquiries and requests are answered.
Reports to Customer Service Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Communicates closely with warehouse personnel, customers, and related parties to process inbound materials and ensure processes are followed accordingly, and shipments are processed on time.
Investigates customers’ inquiries and requests; answers emails, correspondence, and ensures that customers are provided with prompt, courteous, and accurate responses and resolutions.
Enters and tracks data specific to customers’ needs in the cross docking or warehouse management system; maintains and updates customers’ inventory in related systems, provides data to customers at their request.
Arranges transportation and tracks expedited shipments; submits bill of ladings to the transportation company.
Gathers, sorts, organizes, and records work related information; maintains and archives all records of shipments, meetings, and agreements.
Compiles, prepares, and submits to customers, carriers, management, U.S. Customs, Mexican brokers, and other related parties required documentation, including shipment orders, daily reports, invoices, manifests, etc.
Submits all U.S. Custom bond related forms and manifests regulated hazmat chemicals to U.S. Customs and all involved parties to comply with regulatory agencies.
Submits all final documentation for shipments to Import/Export and Finance departments for invoicing.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years working in high pace customer service environment.
- Experience in warehouse and logistics preferred.
- Must be able to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, as well as all around technical proficiency.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Data Entry, multi-tasking, decision making, problem resolution, basic math skills for converting unit measure and calculating weights and measures for coordinating shipments and truck loads.
Job Status: Full Time