Bilingual Import and Export Operations Team Lead
Leads and supervises the functions and activities of the import/export department, ensuring regulatory
and customs compliance, delivering services in a timely manner, and ensuring the integrity of goods and
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises and coordinates daily activities of employees in regards to the department’s policies,
processes, procedures, standards, and objectives.
Oversees and coordinates communication with internal and external customers, responding to
customer issues, resolving issues and complaints, and providing import/export related information.
Participates in recruitment, employee training, development, mentoring, performance evaluation, and
employee relations activities.
Monitors department productivity and efficiency indicators; trains, schedules, and observes work of
employees to ensure they complete their tasks correctly and efficiently.
Reviews, evaluates, and mitigates operational issues, risks, and the opportunities for continuous
improvement of import/export operations.
Assesses the existing and future needs for resources of the Import/Export department; recommends
allocation of resources based on operational needs and objectives.
Participates in the establishing and monitoring annual budgets, operating expenses, and payroll costs
for the import/export department.
Supports all employees in fulfilling their job duties.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Two (2) years of technical experience in the import/export field required; experience in a lead or
supervisory capacity preferred
* Bilingual, English and Spanish
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge and understanding of import/export operations
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
* Interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both, verbally and in writing
The Offshore Group Page 2 of 2 Team Lead, Import/Export
* Ability to work with various levels of personnel, possessing conflict management, stress
management, and customer service skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Knowledge of concepts and principles of leadership and supervision
* Experience working with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Must possess critical-thinking and organizational skills